Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Don't Go Stealing My Heart by Kelly Siskind - Bookin' It With Jen

Don't Go Stealing My Heart by Kelly Siskind
Pages:333
Release Date: April 22,2020
My Rating:5 Stars

My heart has been stolen by this book.This is probably my favorite rom-com of the year and it's only March.

As a kid my nickname was Hound Dog and I was convinced I was going to be Elvis when I grew up, so this book taking place surrounding an Elvis festival and Impersonator Contest was right up my alley! The whole concept of the book is absurd in the best way possible; Clementine a modern day Robin Hood falls for her rich but humble, Elvis loving mark Jack, when she decides to steal an expensive painting from his family estate. This book was just so charming and perfectly captures the small town feel you want in a book like this.

I will be honest, I have read a book by Kelly Siskind before and absolutely HATED it so I am so surprised by how much I loved this one. Like if I had realized that it was by the same author I probably wouldn't have picked this one up, so I'm glad I overlooked that and gave it a shot! They say don't judge a book by its cover, but maybe it should be don't judge a book by other horrible books the author has written? Yeah that has a ring to it.


Thanks to Netgalley and the Publishers for providing me with a copy of this book to read and review. All opinions are my own.

No comments: